Sunday, April 6, 2008

Opera for Dummies







The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results. With this in mind- I plan on doing a dizzying myriad of unconnected and bizarre things in 2008. Here is a prime example.
Opera for Dummies- I got this book on tape at the library so I wouldn't be totally ignorant. After listening to it while driving, I decided opera was worth trying. Once I looked it up- Don Giovanni- the greatest lover of all time was playing the next weekend. My kind of opera- full of sex, lies and murder.
If you have never been to the opera, I suggest you try it once, but pick something juicy like this. The opera was completly in Italian, but they project the tranlations in English over the stage in super titles (like sub titles- only on top).

No comments: