Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Have hips, will travel- I mean shimmy.


Yes ladies and gentlemen, I can dance too. Where does my talent end? Right now it's with a head shimmy and some lotus hands, then a transition to temple hands and a little traveling. Am I speaking Greek? No, It's a blend of Egyptian and Amercian Cabaret Belly Dance vacab that I picked up in my 1st belly dance class hosted by Cassidy Switzer at the Springdale Rec Center in Lancaster, SC.

1st impression- the class ages had a broad range
Result- an enthusiastic group of women eager to learn and quick to cut up

This was the most fun I have had with a group of women since my cheerleader days at RNHS. It was so much fun, I hated to see the class end.

We will have recital. Date and location TBD.








1 comment:

29seven20 said...

glad to hear there was such a large, diverse turnout!

shimmy shimmy!